Earlier this year, we spotted an image of an RC Superman taking flight along the coast of California. At the time, there really wasn’t a lot of information besides a photo of the RC Superman about to take flight, but today, we’re finally learning some more information regarding who created it and why.
The RC Superman was developed by engineer Otto Dieffenbach. Otto and his business partner Ed Hanley run a small startup company that develops RC planes that are made to look like people. The majority of business Otto receives are based on comic characters used for commercial promotions, which along with an RC Superman, they’ve created an RC Iron Man and a winged lady name Ms. Emerson.
The RC Superman and other RC characters created by Otto and Ed can only reach speeds of up to 30 mph, so don’t go expecting them to be zooming around like their comic book counterparts. If you need one of their RC flying characters, it’ll cost you around $7,600 to get one of your own.RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Piano Projector Makes Learning How To Play As Easy As Rock Band
- Japanese iPhone Accessory Makes Smell-O-Vision A Reality
- Radio Controlled Flying Witch And Flying Wizard Take To The Skies
- Roku Announces Roku LT, Roku 1, Roku 2 Streaming Video Players
- Follow: iron man, remote controlled,
- Seen at: damngeeky