Smartphones are more or less the same these days. You’ve got a big display up front with little or no buttons and beefy cameras on the back. That’s surely not how its going to be a few years down the road. Already there have been a lot of advancements in the field of wearable technology. At the MobileBeat conference in San Francisco today, Samsung showed off a concept foldable smartphone that is also capable of changing color. Given how swiftly technology is progressing, its only a matter of time before smartphones like this come in to being.
The prototype smartphone folds out in two panels and is capable of changing colors depending upon the mood. Such flexbility would mean that the user would be able to configure the smartphone’s color as per their liking at any given time. We’re already seeing greater customization options being offered for premium smartphones, this however would be a whole new ball game. The video shows how this smartphone can work with a disposable patch sensor to collect the user’s health information which can then be sent to a doctor. Do check out the video posted up to see a glimpse of the future through Samsung’s eyes.
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5