We know that Nokia is on track to unveil a new smartphone, we also know that its going to be a 41 megapixel camera touting behemoth running Windows Phone 8. There have been quite a few rumors regarding the moniker of this upcoming smartphone, it is widely known as Nokia EOS. That is actually the codename of this device, which AT&T is reportedly internally called the Elvis. We heard last week that the device might be called Nokia Lumia 1020, EXIF data from sample images does lend weight to speculation, and now Nokia’s Malaysia page has all but confirmed the moniker.
This actually isn’t the first time that Nokia Malaysia Facebook page has jumped the gun before a product announcement. Back when Lumia 920 was being rumored, the page had confirmed that it would have a 4.5 inch screen. In reply to an interested user, the page admins have replied that they don’t know when Lumia 1020 is going to be available in Malaysia. Fact of the matter is, no one knows right now when the latest Lumia smartphone will hit stores. We don’t have to wait for long though, the official announcement is scheduled for July 11th.
Next Story: Attack On Titan Video Game Coming In 2014
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2014-03-23: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Shoot Fashion Magazine's Entire Issue
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used By Scientists To See Behind Objects
- 2013-12-19: More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-12-19: Nokia Lumia 1020 Getting Nokia Black Update Earlier Than Expected
- 2013-12-04: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used As Wedding Camera