It was rumored quite a few months back that Motorola’s new Moto X smartphone will offer several customization options to customers, it was not known back then what the extent of this customization might be. In its first ad for this smartphone the company did hint at customization options, another hint was offered on the sign up page of Moto X. ABC claims to have heard from sources about these options, Motorola will reportedly let customers choose from a palette of colors, add engraving and more.
The palette is believed to contain as many as 16 colors, customers will be able to select different colors for the back plate and the trim. They will also have the option of getting a name or personal message engraved on the back. All of this will be done via a website which users will use to place their order. They will also have the ability to upload a picture through that website, which will come as the default wallpaper on their Moto X when it is shipped to them. Since Moto X is going to be built in the U.S., the company expects to ship these customized devices quickly. As per ABC’s sources, hardware can not be customized, though the smartphone is likely to come with different storage options.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off
- 2014-03-07: Motorola Moto X College Collection Launched