We reported about a week ago that the much rumored Nokia EOS smartphone was going to be called Nokia Lumia 1020. This bit came in from @evleaks, a well established source that often tweets legitimate information about unreleased products. EOS is actually the codename for this smartphone. That same source has now received some new information, it is now believed that the upcoming Nokia smartphone will be called Lumia 909, not Lumia 1020.
Nokia has an event scheduled on July 11th, it will unveil the device then. Earlier today @evleaks tweeted an image of what apparently is an AT&T branded Nokia Lumia 1020. Contradictory reports on the moniker aside, the defining feature of this smartphone is going to be its 41 megapixel camera that’s likely to be aided by optical image stabilization, LED focus light and Xenon flash. No details on pricing and availability have been revealed up till now. The device itself is said to look similar to Nokia Lumia 920, we saw that for ourselves when pictures of an alleged working model were posted online. The Nokia 909 is expected to come pre-installed with Windows Phone GDR2 and Amber update.
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2013-07-04: AT&T Nokia Lumia 909 "Elvis" Purported Image Leaks
- 2013-04-15: Next Nokia Flagship Smartphone To Have 41 Megapixel Camera
- 2013-02-04: Nokia PureView Phase 1 Sensor To Hit Lumia Range?