After an endless string of rumors, the Nokia Lumia 1020 a.k.a EOS smartphone has finally been unveiled. The wraps were taken off moments ago at Nokia’s event in New York. Almost every single rumor we featured about this device has turned out to be true, even the fact that it is going to be exclusive to AT&T in the U.S. As expected, the biggest feature of this smartphone is its 41 megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization, Xenon flash and 6x zoom.
The Lumia 1020 has a 4.5 inch AMOLED display, a 1.5GHz dualcore Snapdragon S4 processor with 2GB of RAM. Its thinner and lighter than the Lumia 920 despite having a big camera on the back. Lumia 1020′s camera can take 38 megapixel still shots in 4:3 and 16: aspect ratios, it supports 1080p video recording with 4x zoom, 720p video recording is supported with 6x zoom. A Pro Camera app is being released with this smartphone which will let users manually control focus, flash, ISO, shutter speed, white balance and exposure. A leather wrist strap is also being provided in the box. As mentioned already, its an AT&T exclusive. The carrier starts taking pre-orders from July 16th and will start shipping on July 26th. Available in white, yellow and matte black, the Nokia Lumia 1020 costs $299.99 with a two year contract.
- 2014-04-21: Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20: Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-03-23: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Shoot Fashion Magazine's Entire Issue
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used By Scientists To See Behind Objects
- 2013-12-19: More On Black Update For AT&T Nokia Lumia 1020, Lumia 1520 Gets New Firmware Too
- 2013-12-19: Nokia Lumia 1020 Getting Nokia Black Update Earlier Than Expected