Spotify has been making some notable changes to its web player as they recently rolled out their Discover and Follow tabs, although there hasn’t been much change to its mobile applications. That changes today as Spotify has just rolled out an update to its iOS app with a few new features.
One of the first new features you’ll immediately notice is Spotify’s Discover tab, which acts exactly how it does in the web-based version of the popular streaming music service. You’ll receive recommendations based on what you’ve listened to as well as your playlists. The Discover tab won’t be available to everyone yet, but Spotify says it’s “coming song to everyone.”
The “Now Playing” screen has changed a bit for the iPhone as when you play a track, it’ll be played in the background and will continue to allow you to browse your playlist or anything else you’re looking at within the app.
One of the last changes is to Spotify’s icon, which resembles the flat look we’ve already seen Apple re-imagine its iOS icons in iOS 7, which makes us believe the service is preparing itself to be completely compatible with the new version of iOS when it launches in the fall.
- Jawbone Debuts JAMBOX Mini With Same Battery Life As Original
- Pandora For iOS Updated With Improved Buffering, Auto-Pause Feature
- Spotify Planning To Offer Original Content
- Pandora Radio Can Now Automatically Share Your Music On Facebook
- iHome iDL100G Stereo FM Clock Radio Features Triple Charging Docks