This has been a good week for the app prospects of Windows Phone. A few days back it was announced the Path and Flipboard are going to be released soon for Microsoft’s mobile platform. Twitter has confirmed that Vine too will be released for WP8 in the near future. WhatsApp has been available for Windows Phone for quite some time, it has now been updated with a number of improvements as well as new features.
The background API now lets users play music, they also have the ability to initiate voice calls from inside the app itself. There are new smileys and support for fixed notifications. Smileys are now also shown on the double wide tile. On start-up the app now asks users if they want to back up their chat history, this can also be done through settings. There’s support for Emoji as well, yet another feature that brings this app at par with its counterparts on iOS and Android. The updated app bumps version number up to 2.10.431.0. Weighing in at just 6MB, this update is now live and available for download via Windows Phone Store.RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- Follow: whatsapp, windows phone,