If you’re looking to pick up a new monitor for home or for work, Samsung has unveiled their latest professional monitor, the SB971. This 27” display will be part of Samsung’s professional-grade Series 9 lineup of displays, with each model individually hand-tuned by Samsung’s very own technicians. It will sport a built-in color calibration engine, along with Samsung’s Natural Color Expert technology that will help ensure that there is no displayable loss of tonalities on the display itself.
The monitor will support a display resolution of up to 2560×1440 and according to Samsung, will be able to deliver four times more detail compared to traditional HD displays. The monitor will also come with Samsung’s Plane Line Switching panel technology that will allow for accurate color reproduction from both horizontal and vertical angles, a 178-degree viewing angle, a 1000:1 contrast ratio, and a response time of 5ms, which we expect might be passed on by the hardcore gamer who might require faster response times.
The monitor will also come with connectivity options such as DisplayPort, DVI-DL, and HDMI. If this sounds like a monitor you’d like to install in your home or work place, expect to pick it up this fall for a retail price of $1,200.
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter