A build of BlackBerry OS 10.2 was leaked recently. It revealed quite a lot of information, particularly about the new flagship that the company is expected to announce in the coming months. Placeholder images indicate that the company’s much rumored phablet might be called the Z30. The same leaked build also hints towards the possibility of a Passbook like app for BlackBerry smartphones. The image for app called “Cardholder” has surfaced online, even the icon looks quite similar to that of the iOS Passbook app.
N4BB reports that this image was found in the leaked 10.2 OS build’s assets. Not much is known about the app at this point in time. To get a little perspective, lets take a look at Apple’s Passbook app. It allows users to store their electronic movie or flight tickets as well as their credit cards. Merchants must enable support for Passbook from their end so that their passes or tickets can be added to the app. In theory, the BlackBerry “Cardholder” app might work the same way, it will be interesting to see which merchants offer support for it at launch. OS 10.2 public release is expected in the coming months.
- 2014-04-16: BlackBerry 10.2.1 Software Update Hits Q10 And Z10
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry And NantHealth Team Up For Healthcare-Specific Smartphone
- 2014-04-15: BlackBerry Will Shift Focus To High-End QWERTY Handsets
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Security Patches For iOS And Android BBM Apps To Prevent Heartbleed Exploits
- 2014-04-14: BlackBerry Pushing For Immediate Ban Of Typo Keyboard Sales