A build of BlackBerry OS 10.2 was leaked recently. It revealed quite a lot of information, particularly about the new flagship that the company is expected to announce in the coming months. Placeholder images indicate that the company’s much rumored phablet might be called the Z30. The same leaked build also hints towards the possibility of a Passbook like app for BlackBerry smartphones. The image for app called “Cardholder” has surfaced online, even the icon looks quite similar to that of the iOS Passbook app.
N4BB reports that this image was found in the leaked 10.2 OS build’s assets. Not much is known about the app at this point in time. To get a little perspective, lets take a look at Apple’s Passbook app. It allows users to store their electronic movie or flight tickets as well as their credit cards. Merchants must enable support for Passbook from their end so that their passes or tickets can be added to the app. In theory, the BlackBerry “Cardholder” app might work the same way, it will be interesting to see which merchants offer support for it at launch. OS 10.2 public release is expected in the coming months.RELATED
- BlackBerry Interim CEO In It 'For The Long Haul'
- European Commission Gives Its Blessing To Microsoft-Nokia Deal
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Apparently Pegged For April 2014
- Recent Sensor Issues On BlackBerry 10 Devices Were Due To Corrupt Server Data
- Moto X Out Of Stock In The Blink Of An Eye
- Follow: blackberry,