Last week during gamescom 2013 in Germany, Blizzard took the wraps off their latest game, Diablo 3’s expansion, the Reaper of Souls. As it stands the game has been pegged for a release in 2014 according to its website, and while we guess that seems like a reasonable time to wait, what about consoles gamers? When, if at all, will they see the Reaper of Souls make its way onto the console platform? While Blizzard might have announced Diablo 3 for the console, they have yet to announce if the expansion would arrive for the console as well.
The good news for console gamers is that the expansion is likely to arrive for consoles, although when exactly remains to be seen. This was teased by the game’s director, Josh Mosqueira, during an interview with Polygon. According to Mosqueira, “We’ve got Diablo 3 on PC, we released it and then a small team splintered off to work on Diablo for the current consoles. Now the team’s really focused on Reaper of Souls for PC […] So if you look at the past, you can probably infer what the future might bring.” This is probably as close to a confirmation as we can get, but it’s still somewhat good news nonetheless.
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-18: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Launch Trailer Released