Google announced its Chromecast a few weeks ago, and since then, a number of potential cable cutters have purchased the device, some as early as once the company was done with their presentation. Those folks probably are already enjoying their Chromecast, while others who waited to purchase their device are still waiting for their orders to ship, especially those who ordered it from Amazon.
According to the WSJ, reports have been coming in saying customers who ordered the Chromecast in the first few days of its availability from Amazon will now have to wait until mid- to late October to receive their devices. One such person ordered their Chromecast on July 25 from Amazon, a day after it was announced, and the retailer originally said it would arrive between August 17 and August 20. Now Amazon says they’ll deliver the Chromecast between October 17 and October 30.
Alternatively, Google says the Chromecast will ship orders taken from its Google Play Store within two to three weeks. A spokeswoman for Google says they are trying to ship the Chromecast as fast as they can, although they don’t know the reason as to why it’s taking Amazon so long to ship their units.RELATED
- Natural Machines' 3D Printed Pizza Actually Looks Edible
- ASUS VivoPC Windows 8-Powered Home Theater PC Now Available
- Google Opening Showrooms In Six U.S. Cities For The Holidays
- Netatmo's Wireless Thermostat Can Be Controlled From Your Smartphone Anywhere
- Coffee Machine That Roasts, Grinds And Brews Your Cuppa
- Follow: Amazon, chromecast, Google,
- Seen at: blogs.wsj