You know how is it like in the world of professional boxing, where there is always the customary “tale of the tape” before each fight? I guess you can say that the folks over at App Annie had a similar idea when they pitched two behemoths against each other – the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store, and here we are with the results of this “showdown” of sorts. History is bound to repeat itself in certain situations, although this is a slight deviation from the past – while Google Play has seemingly more downloads than Apple’s App Store, the latter is earning way more than the former, although there have been exceptions to the rule in the past.
I suppose Google’s efforts in the past has led them to where they are today, including introducing a new developer policy that cleans up the Play Store of malicious apps, while pulling out more than 60,000 low quality apps from the Play Store earlier this year. It is interesting to note that Google Play Store actually dished out app downloads in the past quarter compared to the Apple App Store, but somehow the apps over at the App Store pull in approximately 2.3x more revenue than its competitor.RELATED
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- JXD S5800 Android Gaming Tablet/Smartphone Unveiled
- CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Stable Builds Released
- Follow: app store, Apple Inc, Google,