Nokia might be known as a manufacturer of phones, but they also dabble in other businesses as well, such as providing location services based on their HERE platform that provides maps, driving information, and even transit information for those taking public transportation. In a recent blog post by Nokia Conversations, it looks like the Finnish company might have something to announce tomorrow that could be car-related, as the photo above seems to suggest.
This isn’t a complete surprise as back in September last year, Nokia did sign deals with car manufacturers such as BMW, Mercedes, Hyundai, and the Volkswagen Group, not to mention a recent interview with GigaOM has revealed some possibilities of Nokia HERE in vehicles. This includes how the platform could be used to help drivers determine the most efficient route for gas consumption, traffic, distance and more. Sounds like a great idea but exactly how deep of an integration are we looking at? Well we guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Nokia is expected to make the announcement at 9am GMT tomorrow, so check back with us then for the details.
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked