Earlier this year Apple CEO Tim Cook said that the company will not be releasing new products before September. Right now, as per the never ending rumors, it is believed that Apple will unveil not one but two new iPhone models next month. After that, it is expected that the company will release new iPads, refreshed models of both the iPad mini and the full fledged iPad. We haven’t heard of an exact launch date for both tablets right now, though Bloomberg is of the view that these new tablets might be released in the last three months of this year, right around the holiday season.
As always, “people familiar with the matter” have been cited in the report. There has been much speculation on the Retina iPad mini, there’s widespread belief that it won’t be released this year. It was also recently rumored that Apple was debating on putting a Retina display inside iPad mini over fears that it may drive away sales from its big brother. The report also claims that the next generation iPad is going to be thinner than before, its design language is apparently similar to that of the iPad mini, something that we have seen in leaked purported parts as well. It is said that Apple will conduct another event after September to announce both tablets.
Next Story: HTC Likely To Move Away From Windows Phone 8
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-23: Microsoft Convinces 12 Year Old Girl To Get The Surface 2 Over The iPad Mini
- 2014-03-18: Apple Reportedly Picks Samsung To Manufacture iPad Mini Display Panels
- 2014-02-16: iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 2013-08-04: Next Generation iPad Purported Front And Rear Panels Shown Off In A Video
- 2013-06-13: Next Generation iPad Displays Reportedly Being Supplied By Samsung