So yesterday we announced that the Samsung Hennessy flip phone was announced. Given that the phone isn’t exactly the best that Samsung has to offer, at least in terms of display, we thought that perhaps the phone could see a somewhat reasonable price tag. Unfortunately for those who are looking to get their hands on the Samsung Hennessy, according to reports from Chinese websites, it seems that the phone could see a price tag of 4,999 Yuan, which when converted to USD will set you back an eye-watering $800!
Yes, you read that right, an Android flip phone with a rather poor display resolution, could set you back if you were to get another high-end Android smartphone, like the Samsung Galaxy S4 for example. We’re not sure what the reason is behind the pricing scheme, but it certainly does not make sense, does it? As a quick recap, the Samsung Hennessy will feature two 3.3” 320×480 displays with a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset under the hood, a 5MP camera, and Android 4.1 Jelly Bean running the show, hardly a phone worth $800, right?
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Achieves 1 Billion Mobile Users Each Month
- 2014-04-23 Department Of Justice Argues For Warrantless Phone Searches
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6 Could Sport More Rounded Edge Design [Rumor]