There’s been a number of rumors circulating in regards to major U.S. carriers possibly blacking out dates so their employees would be in full force for when the iPhone 5S and / or iPhone 5C are potentially released next month. We’ve heard both T-Mobile and AT&T are rumored to have blacked out dates surrounding the possible release date range of the upcoming iPhones, and today, we’re hearing Verizon Wireless may also have blacked out dates.
The alleged blacking out of employee dates is being reported by 9to5Mac, although they cannot confirm the vacation restrictions are, in fact, as a result of the upcoming iPhone launch. Regardless of that, we can’t imagine there being any other reason as to why Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile and AT&T have reportedly blocked dates around the same exact time.
If you’re keeping a close eye on when exactly the new iPhones will be released, these black out dates are pretty strong evidence it’ll be released around September 20. Considering Apple has just launched a new iPhone trade-in program today, the evidence towards the upcoming release of the new set of iPhones is certainly piling up quickly.
- 2014-04-11: Leaked iPhone Cases Reveal New Button Cut Outs
- 2014-04-10: Analyst: iPhone 6 Sleep/Wake Button Could Be Relocated
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Recent Broadcom Hires Corroborates In-House Baseband Rumors
- 2014-04-09: 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch iPhone Models Could Feature Different Resolutions [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2013-07-18: Over Half Of All Q2 Smartphone Activations On Verizon Were iPhones
- 2013-07-11: Verizon Might Owe $14B To Apple Because Of Slow iPhone Sales
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-04-23: AT&T Added 1.2 Million Smartphone Subscribers Last Quarter
- 2013-04-18: Verizon Sells 4M iPhones, 2M iPhone 5s Last Quarter