Word on the street has it that BlackBerry could be set to release BBM for iOS and Android towards the end of this month, and so far we’ve seen leaked screenshots along with videos that have since been removed. However we’re guessing that the app could be close to being released as BlackBerry has decided to demo the app in public during the Toronto International Film Festival. This is according to reports of those who went for the festival and noticed Android and iOS devices on display.
It turns out that this was a public demonstration of BBM running on iOS and Android and while no videos were allowed to be recorded, those who tried the app out claim that it is a pretty smooth experience. The UI for iOS and Android is said to not differ too greatly from the original app running on a BlackBerry smartphone, so for those who have transitioned from BlackBerry to iOS or Android, this should not be too foreign a concept for you guys.
The app is said to be on demo this week and is available for you to try out at the BlackBerry Experience building, so for those living in Toronto, you can hit it up and check it out for yourselves!
- 2014-04-04: BBM Stickers Selling Pretty Well On iOS Devices
- 2014-04-01: New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-03-30: BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Boasts 85 Million Monthly Active BBM Users
- 2014-03-28: BlackBerry Could Consider Bringing BBM To Desktops
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-09: Customizable BBM PINs Could Be A Paid Feature
- 2014-03-06: BBM PINs Could Be Customizable In The Future