Samsung has been promoting BBM for Android pretty heavily due to a partnership between the companies where BBM would see itself preinstalled on some of Samsung’s Galaxy devices. Unfortunately it seems that Samsung might have gotten ahead of themselves and have recently claimed that the app would see a launch this Friday and that Samsung would be getting a 3 month exclusive on the app, meaning that other Android users on non-Samsung phones will have to wait.
Unfortunately that does not appear to be true as BlackBerry has since come forward to refute Samsung’s claims. Speaking to the folks at CrackBerry, BlackBerry’s BBM Communications Director, Victoria Berry, revealed that “no one will have an exclusive on offering BBM.” We’re not sure why Samsung jumped the gun there or claimed their exclusivity, but for those who were looking forward to it, it does not look like that will be happening.
Next Story: Alleged Nexus 5 Benchmarks Spotted
- 2014-04-04 BBM Stickers Selling Pretty Well On iOS Devices
- 2014-04-01 New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-03-30 BBM For Windows Phone Coming In Q2
- 2014-03-28 BlackBerry Boasts 85 Million Monthly Active BBM Users
- 2014-03-28 BlackBerry Could Consider Bringing BBM To Desktops
- 2014-03-18 Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-09 Customizable BBM PINs Could Be A Paid Feature
- 2014-03-06 BBM PINs Could Be Customizable In The Future