Sure, Google Glass might have gotten a far more fashionable design at the end of last month (although we do think that the previous design ain’t half bad, either), but this does not mean that the masses are ready to embrace it just yet. The entry cost still remains extremely prohibitive for many of us, since it does not exactly come cheap. Well, the success of a particular hardware platform these days depend more and more on how much support it receives on the software front, and with Google Glass, it is no different either. We have received word that Google Glass would be getting an App Store that it can call its own later this 2014.
According to The New York Times, a Google Glass-optimized app marketplace will debut at an unknown date next year, where a Google representative also confirmed something that is pretty much similar with Marketing Land earlier today. The store has been labeled as “Boutique” in the previous update, but regardless of whether that particular name will remain or not by the time its launch date comes around is debatable. Do you think that a dedicated Google Glass App Store will be able to make the hardware flourish? Maybe Siri has something less to laugh about then.
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!