At this morning’s Microsoft Surface event, we managed to snag some hands-on time with the Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Not only that, later in the day, we reported whispers of Microsoft working on a release of a Surface 2 with LTE capability that should see action in select markets sometime next year. Well, here we are with word from a Microsoft employee, Panos Panay, who claimed that his personal Surface tablet has something which Surface fanboys would drool over – plans for three generations of Surface. Unfortunately, this is one ‘secret’ that is closely guarded so much so that there was not a single screenshot of the upcoming roadmap available. Who knows, the Surface Pro 3 (assuming that is even its name) will feature Intel’s Broadwell processor within?
Other than that, Julie Larson-Green, head of Microsoft’s hardware division, did share that Microsoft is mulling over whether to allow third party accessory makers to develop their own keyboard covers for the Surface family. That sounds promising to us, what do you think?
If all of the Surface Pro 2 and Surface 2 news has not made you sick to the stomach just yet, perhaps you might want to check out promo videos of these two freshly announced tablets, and who knows, you might end up Microsoft Surface overload at the end of the day.
- 2014-04-11: Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Surface Mini Could Be Marketed As A Note Taking Device [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Chinese State Media Calls Microsoft Irresponsible For Ending Windows XP Support
- 2014-04-10: Microsoft Updates Bing Windows Phone Apps, Removes "Bing" From Their Titles, Too
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01: Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26: Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-11: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2014-03-10: Surface 2 LTE Tablets Sent To Microsoft Stores (Rumor)?