There are plenty of Kickstarter projects that have made quite a name for themselves over the months and past year, but here is a Kickstarter project that the gaming community will fall for. Keiji Inafune, a household name for those who are huge fans of the original Megaman as he is the game’s co-designer, in addition to producing the Dead Rising series as well as numerous Resident Evil titles, intends to return to his roots. Inafune announced at PAX over the weekend that he will be working on a spanking new 2D action shooter, calling it Mighty No.9.
It seems to closely resemble and play a whole lot like some of his previous hits, and the plot is rather familiar. You will play the role of a rather gung-ho robot who has to do battle with half a dozen rogue automatons (or eight, depending on the amount of funding that it will receive), while stealing special weapons and abilities from his vanquished enemies. Capcom has not had a reaction yet – and Inafune needs your help to make this Kickstarter project a success, where he is targeting a total of $900,000 in a matter of 30 days so that he can start cracking on this title. $20 will net you a digital copy of the game via Steam, while $40 will include digital copies of the game manual, art book/strategy guide and a copy of the original soundtrack.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10