A few days ago Nokia revealed that it is going to conduct an event on October 22nd. Up till now it has been believed that the company will unveil its first Windows Phone 8 phablet at the event, now it appears that perhaps there might be more in store. The infamous @evleaks tells us to look out for the ”Nokia Sirius” next month, alongside “Bandit,” which is known as the codename for Lumia 1520, the aforementioned phablet. Nokia hasn’t commented on the rumor.
This particular rumor contradicts a recent report which claimed that Microsoft is pressurizing Nokia into cancelling its new tablet. The Finnish manufacturer has agreed to the sale of its hardware business to Microsoft, though Nokia’s shareholders have to put it to a vote before the deal can really be closed. There have already been a lot of rumors about the Sirius tablet from Nokia. Recently the purported render and specs of this tablet were leaked. Apparently it runs Windows RT, has a 10.1 inch IPS full 1080p HD display, quadcore Qualcomm 8974 processor and a 6.7 megapixel rear camera with Carl Zeiss optics. Sirius is said to measure .35 inches thick and weigh 1.3 pounds. As per rumors, the tablet is expected to be priced around $499.
Next Story: Vevo Will Block YouTube Offline Viewing
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2013-09-21: Nokia 'Sirius' Tablet Might Be Called Lumia 2520
- 2013-09-12: Nokia 'Sirius' Windows RT Tablet Purported Render And Specs Leaked
- 2013-08-26: Additional Nokia Sirius Windows RT Tablet Details Leaked
- 2013-08-16: Alleged Nokia Tablet Photos Leaked
- 2013-08-15: Compal Could Manufacture Nokia’s Alleged Windows RT Tablet