One of the cool things about the Microsoft Surface tablet would be its keyboard accessory, which when not in use can be folded up and used as a cover for the tablet at the same time. Perhaps Samsung is thinking about something similar for their future tablets, thanks to a recently discovered patent which revealed the South Korean tech giant’s plans for a foldable keyboard accessory which could have been designed for tablets in mind. As you can see, this keyboard accessory acts a little different from Microsoft’s keyboard cover for the Surface.
According to the diagram, the tablet is sandwiched in between the keyboard, with the front portion of the accessory opening up to be a keyboard, while the back portion actually comes with a built-in kickstand, allowing the user to prop up their tablet while they type out emails or word documents on the go. Of course this is merely a patent and there’s no telling if and when Samsung will release such an accessory for their tablets, but what do you guys think? Is this an accessory you’d like to see Samsung release in the future for their Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note tablets?
Next Story: Mac Mini Prices Increased In Some Countries
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-03-13: ZiiLabs Tales Samsung And Apple To Court Over Patent Infringement
- 2014-03-06: Samsung Receives Patent For "Touch Display Apparatus Sensing Touch Force"
- 2014-03-05: Samsung's Google Glass Rival Patent Filing Reveals AR Keyboard