One of the cool things about the Microsoft Surface tablet would be its keyboard accessory, which when not in use can be folded up and used as a cover for the tablet at the same time. Perhaps Samsung is thinking about something similar for their future tablets, thanks to a recently discovered patent which revealed the South Korean tech giant’s plans for a foldable keyboard accessory which could have been designed for tablets in mind. As you can see, this keyboard accessory acts a little different from Microsoft’s keyboard cover for the Surface.
According to the diagram, the tablet is sandwiched in between the keyboard, with the front portion of the accessory opening up to be a keyboard, while the back portion actually comes with a built-in kickstand, allowing the user to prop up their tablet while they type out emails or word documents on the go. Of course this is merely a patent and there’s no telling if and when Samsung will release such an accessory for their tablets, but what do you guys think? Is this an accessory you’d like to see Samsung release in the future for their Galaxy Tab and Galaxy Note tablets?
Next Story: Mac Mini Prices Increased In Some Countries
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Intends To Trademark Gear Now And Gear Solo In The US
- 2014-03-13: ZiiLabs Tales Samsung And Apple To Court Over Patent Infringement
- 2014-03-06: Samsung Receives Patent For "Touch Display Apparatus Sensing Touch Force"
- 2014-03-05: Samsung's Google Glass Rival Patent Filing Reveals AR Keyboard
- 2014-02-14: Samsung Patent Suggests Advanced Handwriting Recognition