Rumor has it that HTC currently has another “Butterfly” smartphone up its sleeve. The Butterfly branding isn’t that popular in markets other than Asia, the first device from this lineup eventually showed up in the U.S. as the Droid DNA from Verizon. This particular lineup might be about to get a bump, with HTC launching a new Butterfly device with an impressive spec list. The HTC Butterfly 2 is expected to be launched in January 2014, it is rumored to have Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quadcore processor, a 5.2 inch full HD display and it is also said to be waterproof.
Nothing else has been rumored about this device. There’s no word on battery capacity, camera storage, RAM, OS version, pricing and availability. It remains to be seen if this smartphone will remain an Asia exclusive for a long time before finally coming under a different brand name to other markets. HTC itself hasn’t said anything about a new Butterfly device, so the rumor should definitely be taken with a grain of salt. January 2014 is roughly 100 days away, so the expected release time-frame isn’t that far off. If this device is indeed coming out next year, perhaps we might continue to hear more rumors and we might possibly be treated to leaked photos as well.
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2013-05-09: HTC Butterfly 2 Rumored To Release In Q3, 2013
- 2013-05-09: Android 4.2.2 With Sense 5.1 Leaked For HTC Butterfly
- 2013-03-26: HTC Is Already Planning Successor To The Butterfly/Droid DNA
- 2012-12-17: HTC Butterfly To Skip Europe