The other day we reported that late 2013 MacBook Pros were suffering from keyboard and trackpad freezing issues. Well the good news is that Apple has since acknowledged the issue and has stated that a fix will be coming soon.“Apple is aware of rare circumstances where the built-in keyboard and Multi-Touch trackpad may become unresponsive on 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display (Late 2013) computers and is working on an update to resolve this behavior.” It is unknown as to when the fix will be released, but hopefully for the sake of new MacBook Pro owners, it will be sooner rather than later.
This issue has affected Apple’s latest 13” Retina MacBook Pros and is definitely not the kind of experience they want first-time MacBook Pro customers to have. The glitch is such that for some reason or the other, the keyboard and/or the trackpad of the laptop will suddenly freeze and stop working and that the only way to actually get the keyboard and trackpad to start working again would be a hard reset, which is accomplished by pressing and holding onto the Power button on their computers. As it stands there is a thread going on at Apple’s support page that spans 67 pages where numerous MacBook Pro owners have voiced their complaints over the matter.
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-10-22: Macbook Pro late 2013: Updated Nicely