Good news RPG fans, if you were looking forward to getting your hands on Beamdog’s upcoming remake of Baldur’s Gate 2, you’re in luck as pre-orders of the game have begun. The game appears to be scheduled for a 15th of November release as previously reported, and this is in spite of work on the game temporarily being halted due to legal issues which saw the temporary removal of the game from the iTunes and Mac App Stores. Unfortunately no word on when Baldur’s Gate 2: Enhanced Edition will be making its way onto iOS and Android devices, but Beamdog did state that it would be coming “soon”. The game will be playable on both the Mac and the PC and will set gamers back $24.95.
For those unfamiliar, the Baldur’s Gate franchise is a pretty old one and dates back more than a decade ago. The franchise was recently revived by the folks at Beamdog which saw the graphics updated slightly, as well as additional quests and characters and storylines added to the game, giving both new and old players something different. The game has also managed to work its way onto tablets, allowing players to take the game with them on the go. Beamdog has also stated that Baldur’s Gate 3 could be developed in the future which we’re sure many Baldur’s Gate fans are pleased to hear about.
- 2014-01-16: Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Arrives On The iPad
- 2013-11-14: Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Pegged For 15th November Release
- 2013-10-03: Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Now Up For Pre-Order
- 2013-09-01: Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Back On Track, New Gameplay Trailer Released
- 2013-08-15: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Back To The iTunes App Store
- 2013-06-26: Baldur's Gate 3 Might Still Be A Possibility Despite Beamdog's Legal Troubles