When it comes to mobile ads on Facebook, is there a platform that does better than the other? Well logic would dictate that the platform with a larger userbase would win, since that would imply that more people are seeing the ads. However interestingly enough that does not appear to be the case, at least according to a recent study by Nanigans who found that in a study of about 200 billion ads on Facebook, mobile ads on the iPhone managed to generate 1,790% more return on investment versus Android.
Nanigans admits that the data that they have managed to gather is controversial and have declined to speculate in their report as to why the disparity is so great, but they do note that this will differ between industries. For example in the gaming industry, the disparity in numbers aren’t as great. According to the report, “Retailers are realizing significantly greater return from audiences on iOS than audiences on Android [...] For the first three quarters of 2013, RPC [revenue per click] on iOS averaged 6.1 times higher than Android and ROI [return on investment] on iOS averaged 17.9 times higher than Android.”
What do you guys think? Why do you think Facebook ads for the iPhone are bringing higher returns compared to Android?
Next Story: iPad Mini 2 Could Outsell Regular iPad 2:1
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2013-06-13 Candy Crush Developer Releases Pet Rescue Saga On iOS, Android
- 2013-04-30 New Beta Facebook App For Windows Phone 8 Touts Big UI Changes
- 2013-04-16 Facebook 6.0 For iOS Brings Chat Heads And More
- 2012-04-06 Security flaw discovered in Facebook app for iOS and Android
- 2011-08-10 Video calling capability discovered in Facebook Messenger app