It’s been nearly a month since Apple released its iOS 7 to a wide variety of iOS device owners. Whether you like iOS 7 or not, it’s here to stay and it’s actually very surprising to see just how many iOS users have upgraded to the latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system. In total, 71 percent of iOS devices have already upgraded to iOS 7.
This report comes from Mixpanel as they have not only found 71 percent of iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches have upgraded to iOS 7, but it also has the fastest spreading to date. Previously, iOS 6 took a total of 30 days to reach a 61 percent install base on all iOS devices, which you can see iOS 7 has completely crushed that rate. When you consider just how large of an update iOS 7 was, then you shouldn’t be completely surprised to hear many iOS owners wanted to jump on the bandwagon to see what the update was all about.
At this time, Apple has yet to reveal any official numbers as to what percent of iOS users have adopted iOS 7. Considering Apple will be holding an event on October 22, we’re sure we’ll be hearing more about iOS 7 and its expansion around that time.
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-03-14: iOS 7.1 Sees 18% Adoption Rate After 72 Hours
- 2014-03-11: iOS 7.1 Sees 6% Adoption Rate In First 24 Hours In North America
- 2013-10-21: GarageBand For iOS 7 Expected To Be Free With In-App Purchases
- 2013-10-09: Flickr iOS 7 App Automatically Uploads Full Resolution Photos
- 2013-10-03: Netflix Updates iOS App To Support 1080p Videos, AirPlay Streaming