The iPad Air goes on sale in select markets, including the U.S., on November 1st. Apple still continues to offer the 16GB Wi-Fi only base model for $499, and there’s a huge possibility that a lot of customers will line up outside its stores to purchase various models of the new tablet. The tablet will also be sold through Apple’s retail channel and carrier partners. Walmart has decided to undercut Apple’s MSRP by $20, the retailer has announced that it will sell the 16GB Wi-Fi iPad Air for $479.
Walmart hasn’t said as yet if it will discount prices of other models of the iPad Air itself. This isn’t the first time that the retailer has undercut prices. It currently offers the iPhone 5s for $189 on contract, $11 off the MSRP. It has slashed iPhone 5c price to $45 from the MSRP of $99, both smartphones are offered with a two year contract. It will be interesting to see if this move ends up bringing in an increase in sales come launch day. The retailer hasn’t said if this $20 discount is a limited time thing or if it will continue to be offered. Walmart will start selling the iPad Air to customers on November 1st. It will be interesting to see if other retailers, such as Target, follow Walmart’s lead.
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-25: New York Times’ iPad Air Ad Juxtaposed Against MH370 News, Causes Embarrassment
- 2014-03-24: Refurbished iPad Air Available From The Online Apple Store
- 2014-03-18: Walmart Video Game Trade-In Puts GameStop At Risk
- 2014-03-18: CruxENCORE Turns Your iPad Air Into A Laptop
- 2013-12-10: Walmart To Sell iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c With No Contract Plans
- 2013-10-24: iPad Air Price At Walmart Will Be $479
- 2013-10-15: Computer Glitch Results In Welfare Benefits Frenzy At Certain Walmart Stores
- 2013-10-06: iPhone 5c At Walmart Now Going For $45 On Contract