Earlier this week LG announced its much awaited smartphone with a curved display, called LG G Flex. Prior to the announcement, the device had been seen in a number of leaks. LG announced this smartphone a few days after Samsung came out with its very own curved device, the Galaxy Round. It appears that LG intends to launch its device with much fanfare, local reports coming in from Korean media claim that a launch event has been scheduled on November 5th and that invites have already been sent out.
LG is yet to reveal the release plans for G Flex, as per reports, the smartphone will first go on sale in the local market by mid-November. Hopefully, at the event, LG will detail in how many markets it intends to release the G Flex and for what price. Samsung’s Galaxy Round is rumored to be a prototype of sorts, it is believed that the Round will be released in extremely limited quantity even in South Korea, but Samsung hasn’t confirmed this as yet. The LG G Flex has a 6 inch 720p curved display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quadcore processor with 2GB RAM, 32GB onboard storage, 13MP rear camera, LTE-A, 3,500mAh battery and Android 4.2.2. It also has “self-healing powers,” basically a special film at the back that will be able to heal scratches within minutes.
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-01-06: LG G Flex For AT&T, Sprint And T-Mobile Confirmed
- 2013-12-03: LG G Flex Kicks Off Global Rollout, Hits Key Asian Markets First
- 2013-11-25: LG G Flex Successor Already In The Pipeline [Rumor]
- 2013-11-05: LG G Flex Global Launch Expected Soon
- 2013-10-23: LG G Flex’s Curved Display Spotted In Photos And Video