Yesterday we reported that LG could be preparing a smartphone called the LG Z which would sport a flexible display. Now according to a new rumor, we are hearing about another LG phone dubbed the G Flex which would be a 6” phablet with a flexible display as well. It is unclear as to whether the G Flex and the LG Z are the same device just with different names, so we guess we will just have to wait and find out. According to the report, the LG G Flex is expected to be unveiled come November, while the LG Z is rumored for an announcement this month, so it is possible that they are both different devices, but take it with a grain of salt for now.
The phone itself won’t be flexible due to other components in the phone being non-flexible parts. What this means is that the display of the phone can be bent and curved, allowing for more unique designs, such as allowing the display to be wrapped around the phone, along its edges, and etc. It could also mean the display is less prone to breaking compared to a more rigid display. Interestingly enough the rumors of an LG smartphone with a flexible display surfaced shortly after Samsung announced plans of their own, but either way this is good news for consumers as we will get to see what’s in store for us for the future of smartphones.
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future