It didn’t take long: the iPad Air has just launched and you can be sure that a tsunami of accessories are coming out. Among them, the keyboards and covers are extremely coveted by users to be productive but also to protect the iPad’s aluminum from potential scratches and other dangers that lurk in bags and backpacks. Logitech is covering this market quite extensively with no less than four new products, three of which integrate a keyboard: the FabricSkin Keyboard Folio, Ultrathin Keyboard Cover, Ultrathin Keyboard Folio and Folio Protective Case.
The FabricSkin Keyboard Folio and Ultrathin Keyboard Folio address the same need that combines protection and productivity, thanks to an integrated cover/keyboard. They are somewhat similar, but the FabricSkin costs a bit more and looks nicer. If you just want the functionality, the Ultrathin Keyboard Folio costs $100 less. Note that the FabricSkin weighs 425g (0.93lbs), which is nearly identical to the tablet itself (469g/1lbs) – that’s not a negligible extra bulk!
The Ultrathin Keyboard Cover (330g) looks like a lean external keyboard, but it also doubles as a rigid screen protection for the iPad Air. The keyboard also serves as a stand and is the most comfortable in Logitech’s line of keyboards for iPad and therefore this is my favorite in the line-up.
- 2014-04-18: Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Refurbished Retina iPad Mini Now Available Online
- 2014-03-31: iPad Air & iPad mini With LTE Hits China At Last
- 2014-03-26: Das Keyboard 4 With Multimedia Controls Unveiled
- 2014-03-25: New York Times’ iPad Air Ad Juxtaposed Against MH370 News, Causes Embarrassment
- 2014-03-24: Refurbished iPad Air Available From The Online Apple Store