Google is yet to reveal when it is going to announce the anxiously awaited Nexus 5 smartphone, let alone when it is going to be available for purchase. The company hasn’t rolled out invites for a launch event as yet, though it is expected to make the announcement in the coming days. Apparently one of the largest retailers in the UK, Carphone Warehouse, is sitting on a large stock on Nexus 5 units prior to the launch. The retailer is believed to have as many as 3,000 Nexus 5 units, 1,500 both in black and white, in stock at its Wednesbury warehouse.
Its certainly not unusual for retailers to start receiving stock ahead of an official announcement, that’s why we often see so many screenshots of internal inventory systems being leaked online. This particular screenshot does seem to belong to the internal inventory system that Carphone Warehouse uses, an archaic yellow and blue user interface that has been previously seen in a number of other leaks. It is obviously not known if the 3,000 units are all that going to be supplied to the retailer initially, or if its going to receive additional shipments prior to the release. A latest rumor pegs the Nexus 5 launch date at November 1st. [Image via AndroidPolice]RELATED
- Samsung Could Be Working On Transparent Displays With Rear Touchscreen Controls
- Some Galaxy S5 Models Rumored To Come With LDS Antenna Technology
- LG: Flexible Displays Will Account For 40% Of The Market In 2018
- Honda's Smartphone Case N Comes With Air Bags
- Samsung SM-G900F Shows Up In Shipping Manifest
- Follow: carphone warehouse, Google, nexus 5,