While Nokia has come out with some pretty interesting and amazing high-end phones, it seems that their specialty, whether intentional or not, would be their low-end devices which surprisingly have managed to gain a fair bit of ground in emerging markets despite there being plenty of alternatives. The Lumia 520 has managed to make a pretty good name for itself, and now it looks like the Lumia 625 could be the next big thing in India, at least that’s what the recent numbers released by AdDuplex seems to suggest.
According to the firm, the Lumia 625 was designed for the Indian market in mind but it did not take off the way it was supposed to, at least at the start. However a month after the handset was made available, the numbers have shown that the handset has managed to grab a pretty solid 3.1% of the Windows Phone market share in India. With its 3.1% market share, it has overtaken the higher-end Nokia Lumia 920 although we suspect it might be a while before it overtakes the Lumia 520, if at all. Of course with the acquisition of Nokia by Microsoft looming ahead, we suspect there could be some customers who are holding off to see what Microsoft’s plans are first before committing to the brand and platform, but for now it looks like Nokia is holding their own.
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset