Over the last couple of weeks we’ve consistently heard that the market will soon be greeting smartphones with flexible displays. Both LG and Samsung are rumored to bring out their products first. If a latest rumor is to be believed, Samsung might actually beat LG to the market. Chatter coming in from Asia suggests that the Samsung Galaxy Round smartphone with a flexible display might be launched later this week.
The specifications are said to be similar to the Galaxy Note 3. Perhaps that is why there have been many rumors in the past about a Galaxy Note 3 variant with a flexible display. Recently a Samsung device with the model number SM-G910 appeared in benchmark results, this was thought to be the flexible display variant of Note 3. This particular model appeared to have a Snapdragon 800 processor with an Adreno 330 GPU and a smaller 5.5 inch display as opposed to the Note 3′s 5.7 inch one. Another rumor about the SM-G910 gets reiterated, that this smartphone will be produced in limited quantities. As per the report, Samsung is going to launch the Galaxy Round later this week. If the launch is indeed going to take place as rumored, then there’s a strong possibility that it will first grace Samsung’s home country before making its way to other markets, if its destined to leave Korean shores at all.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-02-27: AT&T Galaxy Note 3 Android 4.4 KitKat Update Not Quite There Yet
- 2014-02-20: Sprint's Galaxy Note 3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-18: Galaxy Note 3 Receives Update That Fixes Third Party Accessories
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Wants Apple's Logo Hidden During The Olympics
- 2014-02-05: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Gets A Swarovski Makeover