For those of you out there who have been looking forward to the release of the Xbox One from Microsoft for the longest time, fret not. It is just a matter of weeks before you will be able to enjoy this particular next generation console in your living room, assuming you were one of the early birds who placed a pre-order of the console when it was first announced. Well, the folks over at Microsoft are equally excited about the Xbox One’s impending release, and for good reason, too. After all, it will hopefully be another money spinner for the software giant, and Microsoft has already uploaded a new video on YouTube that depicts the Xbox One Friends app, as well as how it will function when available.
As its name suggests, this particular app will show off a list of all of a person’s friends, where you are able to have up to 1,000 friends. Of course, should your list happen to grow to such a length, it can be pretty tricky trying to browse through it, so you can always opt to have some of them as favorites to make it easier to connect. There is a difference between a follower and a friend, where the one being followed has a greater degree of control over what they show off in their online profile and activity, whereas a friend more or less will be exposed entirely in terms of their Xbox One profile and activity.
Next Story: Foursquare Ads Launched
- 2014-04-17: Titanfall On Xbox One Is Top Selling Title
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-06: Support For Xbox One External Game Storage Coming Soon