Moto X users, if you’re looking forward to Android 4.4 KitKat, we guess you’ll have to wait for an official announcement either by Motorola or your respective carriers, but the good news is that for T-Mobile users, a leaked version of Android 4.4 KitKat has made its way online, so if you’re feeling a bit adventurous and can’t be bothered waiting for an announcement and release by Motorola and T-Mobile, you can go ahead and hit up the XDA Developers forum for the download. However given that this is not an official release, chances are the build could have some bugs that have yet to be ironed out, so that’s worth taking into consideration.
It should also be noted that this build requires the user to have an unlocked bootloader and knowledge of how to flash custom ROMs on their Android phones. If all of this sounds new and foreign to you, perhaps you might want to give this ROM a pass until the official update has been released, but for those with experience and the know-how, we guess you can go ahead and check it out! There are some bugs reported, such as issues with call and data, but a wipe can apparently fix it, but apart from that be sure to back up your data before proceeding, lest something happens and you lose everything.
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: T-Mobile's "Simple Starter Plan" Lowers Entry Cost
- 2014-04-03: Sprint's Response To T-Mobile's Uncarrier Revealed In Leaked Photo
- 2014-02-11: T-Mobile Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-02-02: T-Mobile Moto X Android 4.4.2 Update Might Not Be Far Off
- 2014-01-03: LG G Flex Press Renderings For AT&T And T-Mobile Leaked
- 2013-12-09: Wooden Backplates For Verizon's Moto X Shown In Leaked Photo
- 2013-11-22: T-Mobile's Moto X Receiving Android 4.4 KitKat Today