Apple announced a new iPad Mini with Retina Display a few months ago, but as you’d probably know by now, a new product announcement never stops the company’s rumor mill from working around the clock. Today, we’re hearing rumors regarding the next-generation iPad Mini, which is being called the iPad Mini 3 at this time.
An image submitted to Nowhereelse.fr shows off what appears to be a prototype of the iPad Mini 3, which as you can see, it features Touch ID, which made its debut on the iPhone 5s. Even though Nowwhereelse.fr has been known to leak reliable information regarding Apple products in the past, the site says the image of the iPad Mini 3 can’t be verified at this time, which means there’s a possibility it’s a fake. I’m sure I speak for all iPad Mini owners when I say I hope it isn’t.
As is the case with all of Apple’s products, the company won’t respond to rumors or speculation and will only make formal announcements when they deem fit to do so. We’re sure after Touch ID was released on the iPhone 5s, that we can expect the feature to expand to other iOS devices, so what better device than the iPad Mini 3.
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro Rumored For Q3 2014 Launch
- Rumored iPad Pro Could Be A Hybrid Device Aimed At Enterprise Users
- Rumored 12.9" iPad Pro Could Feature 2K Display With Eye-Tracking Technology
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier