LG makes a wide variety of products, from home appliances to TVs and smartphones. However, local media reports coming in from Korea suggest that the company feels it may be more successful in the TV business as opposed to smartphones. The report cites sources who claim that LG is moving its focus from smartphones to its TV business as it believes that the latter will be more beneficial in the short term.
While it is said that LG will not reduce research and development investment in the smartphone division, it may reduce the division’s workforce, this according to industry sources cited in the report. They say that the company doesn’t believe smartphones don’t hold any value, its just that it sees its short term success in the TV business. Its not that LG isn’t capable of producing a good smartphone, one that can perform well in the market. LG G2 is a prime example, the device was very well received and it has performed relatively well in the market. LG has not officially commented on this report, so a grain of salt is advised nonetheless. Even if the company wants to focus more on TVs from now on and less on smartphones, hopefully its upcoming television sets won’t be caught spying on viewers.
Next Story: Microsoft To Take Up Residence In Nokia House
- 2014-04-24 LG V700 And V400 Tablets Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-03-03 LG Joins Nokia And Takes A Potshot At Samsung As Well
- 2014-02-23 AT&T's LG G2 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-02-21 LG G2 With KitKat Compared Against G2 With Jelly Bean
- 2014-01-15 International LG G2 To Skip Android 4.4 KitKat Update In January
- 2014-01-14 Gold LG G2 Surfaces For Sale On E-Commerce Website