We knew that Instagram would eventually start including ads in its news feed and the company has since released a sample showing what the ads might look like. Well for those who were dreading this day, it looks like the day has come because Instagram has officially started to include ads in its news feed, with the first ad being from Michael Kors, a fashion label. The ad itself is not particularly intrusive nor it is an eye-sore as it basically looks like a regular Instagram post, with the difference being that it says “Sponsored” and it also might not have anything to do with the people you follow, which might be a little disruptive.
Comments on the ad do not seem particularly well-received at this point in time, with many Instagram users voicing their displeasure and asking for Instagram to remove it. We doubt that will be happening anytime soon which means that there is a chance some Instagram users will be leaving the service, but presumably the vast majority will stay and continue to use the app. What do you guys think of Instagram’s ads anyway? After all they can be quickly scrolled past, liked, commented, and even hidden, so like we said it’s not too intrusive at the end of the day, but what say you? Yay or nay?
- 2014-04-14 Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02 Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-20 WhatsApp And Instagram On The Nokia X
- 2014-03-18 Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2014-03-12 Instagram Photographer Made $15,000 In A Day Selling His Prints
- 2013-12-11 Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- 2013-11-22 Instagram Rumored To Be Adding Private Messaging Feature
- 2013-11-19 Instagram For Windows Phone Release Might Happen Soon