Modular Robotics, a company that hails from Boulder, Colorado, is all set to roll out a collection of robot-building kits to those who are interested, where it would enable you to work on just about any kind of robot that you would like – just use your imagination. Even better is the fact that there is no need for any kind of programming, now how about that? These kits are called MOSS, and they will come in a variety of sizes.
The larger sized MOSS kits will feature pieces that let you build your robot, where all of the plastic has been molded around several exposed magnets and ball bearings, so that connecting them would be a snap. Apart from that, Modular Robotics also has plans to roll out an app which would let you use a compatible mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet to control your semi-autonomous creations. Eric Schweikardt, the CEO and design director at Modular Robotics, mentioned, “It’s trying to give kids education and exposure to these computational components without putting up that barrier.” It is nice to know that what started off as a Kickstarter campaign has already surpassed its goal of $100,000. Expect it to ship in February next year – so if you want to propose to your other half, why not use this creative method then?
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10