The word on the street is that Sony has a new smartphone in the works known as the Xperia Z1s, which is apparently the international version of the Xperia Z1 f which was launched in Japan back in October. While it remains unknown as to when Sony will announce the new Xperia Z1s for the rest of the world, thanks to newly leaked photos, we now have additional photos of the handset, as pictured above where it can be seen being measured by a ruler and placed beside a coin for size comparison. The design of the device is not too surprising and to be honest there’s really nothing new here as it seems to be more or less the Xperia Z, just shrunken down in size.
As far as its specs are concerned, assuming the device is indeed the international variant of the Xperia Z1 f, we can look forward to a 4.3” 720p HD display, a 2.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset with 2GB of RAM, 16GB of onboard storage, a 20.7MP rear-facing camera, with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean running the show. We would have preferred if it came with Android 4.4 KitKat on board, but hopefully Sony will release an update soon. Still no word on when the handset will be announced, but given the leaks we’ve seen so far, hopefully it won’t be too long before we hear the official news.
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-23: Alleged Sony A3500 Photos And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-10: Sony Xperia Z2's Stereo Speakers Compared Against The Xperia Z1
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update
- 2014-01-27: Alleged Photos Taken By Sony Xperia Z2 "Sirius" Leaked Online