Apart from unveiling high-end handsets like the Nokia Lumia 1520, Nokia has low-end devices in the works too and according to the rumors, one of them is allegedly that of the Lumia 525, also known as “Glee”, which is apparently the successor to the highly popular and successful Nokia Lumia 520. While the Lumia 525 “Glee” did not make an appearance at the recent Nokia World event, Nokia seems to have accidentally confirmed the existence of the device on its website, thanks to a recent competition the company is holding. As you can see in the screenshot above, one of prizes Nokia will be giving away is the Lumia 525 as part of its Nokia All Access Live Nation Contest.
It does not appear to be a typo or accident as the fine print at the bottom also clearly refers to the Nokia Lumia 525. Unfortunately the specs of the Lumia 525 remain a mystery at this point in time, but assuming it is the successor to the Lumia 520, we expect it to run some low-end specs and also come with a price point that should make it a highly attractive purchase to the customer on a tight budget. The contest is scheduled to end on the 3rd of November, so perhaps we will hear about the device in the near future. Anyone looking forward to the Lumia 525? Do you guys think it has what it takes to replicate the success of the Lumia 520?
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2013-11-27 Nokia Lumia 525 Announced
- 2013-11-05 Nokia Lumia 525 Full Specs Leaked
- 2013-09-30 Nokia "Glee" Might Actually Be The Lumia 525