At Nokia World last month, the company unveiled its Lumia 1520 smartphone and also showed off its new Refocus app. The app does what its name says, it allows users to take advantage of multiple levels of focus in one single image. Nokia has now released the Refocus app for existing Lumia PureView smartphones, which includes the Lumia 920, 925, 928 and the 1020.
The app has been designed for scenes with great contrast in the depth of field. To obtain the best results, users are advised to first focus on the object that’s closest to them. Once the closest object is in focus, tapping the screen starts the capture process which will take a few seconds, having a steady hand will definitely be a plus. Basically it captures 2-8 images depending upon what’s in view, each image is at five megapixels at a different focus, they’re all aligned and combined into a single image in which objects can be refocused. Tap any part of the finished image to shift focus on it. Color pop, a feature in the Nokia Creative Studio, has been added to the Refocus app. The feature allows users to retain color in the section they want to shift the focus to, while the rest of the image turns black and white, with contrast being slightly adjusted on the way.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-07: Delta Airlines To Bring 20,000 Lumia 1520 Handsets To Their Flight Attendants
- 2014-03-31: Nokia Lumia 1520 Beats Out The Competition In Blind Camera Comparison
- 2014-03-18: Nokia Lumia 1520 Set To Receive Software Update
- 2014-03-09: Delta Air Lines Upgrading Nokias To Lumia 1520
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks