It is that time of the month again, where every second Tuesday of each month equals to Patch Tuesday for those who are running a Windows-powered device. Whenever you check out the settings on your PC, you will most probably come across details such as security updates for Internet Explorer in addition to firmware updates for your Surface devices, and the firmware updates for the most recent Patch Tuesday would cater for the Surface RT, Surface 2, and Surface Pro. The Surface Pro 2 would not gain anything from the most recent Patch Tuesday though.
You will be able to check out the update notes for the Surface RT here, and do bear in mind that this update will only be meant for Windows 8, and not 8.1, where it will enable the use of the Japanese Touch and Type Cover 2 accessories. As for the Surface 2, the updates would roll out for the Surface 2 that sport a range of improvements across the device in addition to its accessories. Updates for the Surface Pro depend on whether you are running Windows 8 or 8.1, although those who are still on Windows 8 will be on the receiving end of an update that enables you to use the Japanese Touch and Type Cover 2 accessories.
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01: Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26: Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-20: Samsung Galaxy Pro Ad Criticizes The iPad And Microsoft Surface
- 2014-03-11: Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2013-10-24: Huge Microsoft Surface 2 Spotted In London
- 2013-10-22: Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 Now Available In U.S., 20 Additional Countries
- 2013-02-22: Microsoft Surface Pro Available Again For Sale In Limited Supply
- 2013-02-10: Surface Pro Photoshop Support: Status Update
- 2013-02-09: Microsoft Surface Pro Is Sold Out