Nintendo’s upcoming Super Smash Bros. is slated to arrive on the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Wii U come 2014, although at the moment no specific dates have been revealed yet, at least until recently when GameStop updated their database and revealed a possible release date which has been set for the 8th of April 2014 for both the 3DS and the Wii U console. We’re not sure if GameStop is speculating on a release date, or if they knew something and might have accidentally let the cat out of the bag a little earlier than expected.
The Spike TV VGX is expected to take place early December and for all we know, perhaps that could be a platform in which Nintendo will use to announce the release dates. If that is the case, it is not entirely out of the question if Nintendo might have given several retailers the heads up before hand, perhaps to allow them to prep their pre-order pages before the official information has been shared with the public. In any case Super Smash Bros. is one of the titles many gamers are looking forward to in the Wii U, which has been criticized for having a lack of triple A titles, at least compared to other consoles. We suggest you not get your hopes up just yet, but check back with us during the Spike TV VGX for the details!
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-07: Job Listing For Super Smash Bros. 6 Spotted, Coming In 2015
- 2013-12-26: Princess Zelda Will Be Playable In Super Smash Bros.
- 2013-12-16: Super Smash Bros. Wii U Will Include Dr. Wily Castle Stage
- 2013-12-16: Super Smash Bros. Producer Quashes Spring 2014 Release Rumors