It was only last week that Samsung announced the Galaxy Grand 2, the successor to last year’s Galaxy Grand handset, but it looks like that might not be all as Samsung has a Galaxy Grand Lite as well, at least according to sources who tipped off the folks at SamMobile. According to them, the Galaxy Grand Lite will be making its debut at MWC 2014 which will be taking place in February next year, so if you want to know more about the device, be sure to check back with us then for the details. In the meantime according to the rumors, the handset is expected to feature somewhat similar specs to the Galaxy Grand 2.
Some of the rumored specs include a 5” WVGA display, a 1.2GHz quad-core chipset with 1GB of RAM, 8GB of onboard storage with microSD card support for memory expansion, and a 2,100mAh battery. It is also expected to feature a 5MP rear-facing camera and a VGA front-facing camera, and oddly enough it will come with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on board. We would have at least expected Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, although Android 4.4 KitKat would be ideal, but hopefully the handset will see an update to Android 4.3 upon its release. No word on pricing or availability just yet, so take it with a grain of salt and be sure to check back with us during MWC next year for the details!
Next Story: Antares Luxury Smartphone Unveiled
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-12-31: Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite Passes Through The FCC