According to Sony Alpha Rumors’ sources, it seems that come early 2014 there is a very good chance that we will be seeing the Sony NEX-7’s successor. Given that CP+ in Japan is taking place mid-February, the publication believes that we could see the device announced around that time. Take it with a grain of salt for now, but if you loved the NEX-7 and are wondering what sort of improvements Sony might have made with its successor, be sure to check back with us then for the details.
We have been hearing rumors about a possible NEX-7 successor since back in 2012 where the camera was rumored for a 2013 release, but given that we’re almost at the end of 2013 with no NEX-7 to show for it, safe to say those rumors did not pan out. It had been suggested that the “delay” could be due to production issues, while other reports claim that Sony’s new CEO was more interested in releasing cameras with innovative new features as opposed to mere incremental upgrades, which has usually been the case for several years now. Either way we’ll just have to keep an eye out for more details, but in the meantime what sort of features would you guys like to see in the NEX-7’s successor?
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-03-28: Sony A77II Could Be Announced At The World Photography Awards Exhibition [Rumor]
- 2014-03-27: Sony A6000 For US Could Begin Shipping Next Week [Rumor]
- 2014-03-26: Alleged Leaked Sony Camera Slide Reveals Sony's High-End Plans
- 2014-03-12: Sony A6000 Replaces The NEX-7, According To Sony Presentation Slide