One of the more iconic games back in the days of the PlayStation 1 was none other than Crash Bandicoot In fact if one could recall seeing PS1 demo units out in stores, Crash Bandicoot would be the game that would be playing at the moment. According to a recent leak, it has been suggested that a new Crash Bandicoot title could be making its way onto Sony’s PlayStation 4 and while we’re not sure if the listing was made in error, new rumors had surfaced suggesting that Sony could be looking to buy back the franchise from Activision.
The fact that Activision’s Crash Bandicoot website no longer loads, plus the fact that the company no longer lists the game on their website has only fueled the speculation. The game was originally developed by Naughty Dogs and was an exclusive to the Sony PlayStation, but was eventually sold to the folks at Activision. Activision has not made a new Crash Bandicoot game since 2008 and even cancelled a game scheduled for release in 2010, suggesting that they were perhaps just sitting on the title with nowhere to go.
In any case if the rumors are true and that Naughty Dog and Sony could be teaming up again for a new PS4 Crash Bandicoot game, we’re sure that many old school gamers will no doubt appreciate this move, but until then take it with a grain of salt! What do you guys think? Who would love to see Crash Bandicoot arrive on their PS4?
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-11-25: Activision Claims Crash Bandicoot Has Not Been Sold To Sony
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2011-05-25: New Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 bundle arrives